Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
BlueGriffins Super Princess Peach submissions
(08-08-2011, 04:13 PM)bluegriffin18 Wrote: strict about quality too, no wonder I don't submit anything here, I'm not super talented at spriting, i do what you all call "minor edits" when in fact it IS alot of work for me.

That's why you try to get better.

http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...p?tid=6533
Here's the notice about customs submissions, tSR only wants the best possible sheets, and if they have noticeable problems then it is expected that they be fixed.

If you're just going to refuse criticism, then you won't survive in many communities (I'm not talking about this one). Drawing the line at "oh, I can only do edits" is lame and you should strive to do a hell of a lot better than that. You should strive to ALWAYS be better than what you currently are. tSR just doesn't accept edits (unless, of course, the edits are so heavily done that the original source isn't noticeable anymore but that's beyond the point), plain and simple. You shouldn't let that stop you, that should tell you "Hey, do 100% custom work". And if your first few sprites suck, then that's alright: you have to make shitty pieces before you can get the hang of an art trade. You keep working at it, you look at and then crush the flaws, you destroy your comfort zones, you look for constant critique, and you just keep improving. Move away from the edits; don't get upset with the quality control, be upset about how you can't do anything better than edits, and then you prove yourself and everyone else wrong by doing better than edits.

BECOME A PRO AT SPRITING

BE THE BEST LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN
I BELIEVE IN YOU
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: BlueGriffins Super Princess Peach submissions - by Rosencrantz - 08-08-2011, 04:28 PM