Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Glitch needs some help with not sucking.
I couldnt help doing a stab on this one either, i hope you dont mind.

[Image: glitch_jedi1.png]

Your pose is a it tricky with that back arm and the looseness of the sleeve, but i think it should be well hidden enough by other areas of the sprite (like the arm in the foreground) to be able to cheat a bit here. I didnt draw on top of your sprite i sort of had to sketch a new post that was similar to yours, and it seems that you already have some good comments in this thread but perhaps this may come as a useful reference for you as well.

One important note i did want to point out is the light saber. to get that glowy vibrant effect, start with a white core and a darker, saturated color of your choice, and AA the outside color to the white smoothly. If you were to animate this you can flicker how thick the stroke is or how thick the white core is to make it look pulsing or throbbing.

Also i can very much sympathize with any troubles on hooded capes you may be having, i know theyre tough to visualize and tough to get 'right'. The shading on the face is definitely an important part of the illusion, and do note that when you have very dark eyes or absent eyes, it tends to make a hooded person look more mysterious.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glitch needs some help with not sucking. - by st0ven - 08-06-2011, 01:22 PM