Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
Glitch needs some help with not sucking.
(08-04-2011, 03:24 AM)Gors Wrote: usually a grayish green works well as sprite backgrounds, but any color that is faint enough is good enough. Pink is god as background in this case. Glad I made a good choice. : D

the sprite has now a better difference between dark and light tones but the white on his legs and light brown on his tunic mixes a tad, if you know what I mean. Looks like he's using a one piece clothing instead of tunic over the pants. I suggest dividing them with a stronger line I understand here such as brown Here I am lost, did you mean black? so people can make the difference out easier.

Also don't forget that things cast shadows on others, so it's likely that the cloak will shadow the tunic a little , and the position of the guy's legs is likely to form a curve on the 'skirt' part of the tunic, making it darker.

still, I applaud you by trying a custom sprite; that's certainly the right step on the world of pixel art Wink
I'll get to work on everything as soon as I'm sure of what you mean about the belt situation.
I'm glad I'm moving in the right direction, I just wish I could've said so sooner. I've been trying to get started in the right direction for a long time. I started attempting to sprite at least 3 years ago, I think it was closer to 4 or 5 years, but I have no confirmation and my memory is a bit foggy, so I'll stick to the 3 that I know for sure I've had.
Didn't even attempt custom spriting until november of 2009. And after that I've been making about one sprite per year. :I
[Image: Dinosauranimationfinal.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glitch needs some help with not sucking. - by Glitch - 08-04-2011, 04:08 AM