Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changes to the Sprite Discussion board
Here's my idea:

I'd like to create some workshops for popular game styles. I haven't decided if these would be changed on a weekly, monthly or bi-monthly basis, but I'd like this to be introduced.
The games chosen will be critically acclaimed games with a distinctive style, preferably easily reproductible: let's say Mario&Luigi: Partners in Time, for example.
Either of the Sprite staff will have to write a critical analysis of the style, which will introduce the readers to the restrictions of the system, the game and its style, but also (hopefully) break down the style into easy steps to follow.

Something which could be incorporated in the workshop are rips: we could encourage members to rip sprites (disregarding the fact they've already been uploaded) from the game and post them, so that they can find the points the Moderator mentioned, and who knows, contribute to the analysis. It would mostly be to introduce the members to an emulator and a sprite ripping program such as Tile Molester, for instance.
If this does get put into place, I think an experienced ripper and a Sprite Moderator should team up to create a workshop.

Anyway, I hope you like the idea. I think it's very relevant to what TSR does and what tVGR will do.

This idea will only come into fruition once TUGS is over at the very earliest. It'll most probably start on the Videogame's Resource, if you (members and staff) like this idea and approve of it being done.

Also, in order for this to be done, I'll need some extra sprite mods and some willful rippers. Please PM me if you want to apply for a position.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Changes to the Sprite Discussion board - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 08-03-2011, 04:36 PM