Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I need help trying to grab Spyro: Year of the Dragon textures.
It's for PS1?
I recommend using the PSX-VRAM for the PSx stuff, it works wonders.
Get psx-vram here

You're going to need ePSXe for this
Run ePSXe and play the game until you get to the part you want to rip
Do a savestate. Then open Window Explorer and go to the epsxe folder and get to the "sstates" folder
You're going to see something like this:

SLPS_017.77.000 (yeah, the file extension is .000)
SLPS_017.77.000.pic (a .pic file)
(Of course the SLPS--something will change, but not the extensions)

Get some program like WinRar or 7-Zip and EXTRACT the .000 file, you're going to get something like this:

SLPS_017.77
(it's not usually ".77", it can be ".22" or any other thing)

Open PSX-VRAM
Drag and drop the new extracted file to the window
Now press "1" in your keyboard to toggle to the black&white view. If the files looks hazy, press "2"
Using the "A","S","W" and "D" keys move the red box to find the part you want to rip. If you press shift+keys the box is going to move only one pixel to that direction
Not the boring part. If you found the image with "1", press "9". If you found with "2", press "0"
With the arrow keys you're going to control a red cross. Use it to find the texture's correct palette. Shift to move only one pixel at time. And yeah, it's going to be a hell of a work, but that's how I ripped all those FF8 and FF9 textures you can see at the site
Once you find the correct palette, hit "print screen" on your keyboard. Open your favorite graphic program, past on a new image, clean up, save, profit. Some textures got multiple palettes for different parts, so you got to do the same process again

This concludes this quick and half-assed tutorial. Any questions?
Class dismissed! Don't forget to bring your homework!
[Image: Raine1.gif]
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by: Corey_Faure

Messages In This Thread
RE: I need help trying to grab Spyro: Year of the Dragon textures. - by Ultimecia - 07-19-2011, 03:16 PM