Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Should fighting games include a beat em up portion?
(07-01-2011, 09:03 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:
(07-01-2011, 08:15 PM)Rags Wrote:
(06-30-2011, 12:35 AM)DrSlouch Wrote: i hope you're not implying glitches are not a legitimate thing to use in competitive games because then you're literally discounting the entirety of capcom's combo system in 2D fighting games (and probably a lot of other company's games too; anything with cancels as a function) since 1991

No. Not at all. I'm very well aware that glitches and such made a lot of fighters a while back. I'm just saying that's not depth. at least not intentional depth.

Intentional or not, depth is depth. You can't pick and choose which ones are actual depth becuase from the very same post you quoted me on, you excluded MvC2, which was more accidental than Melee was.

Actually didn't noticed the MvC2 part WHOOPS.

MvC2 is in the very same boat Melee is.

Any game, fighting or not, isn't deep if it's just glitches. Yeah. glitches made MvC2, but it was still decently deep if you got past the glitches. And it probably still be well known without said glitches.

But saying that Brawl or MvC3 can't hold up to their predecessors because they're not as deep (which is bullshit) is really dumb.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should fighting games include a beat em up portion? - by Kairos - 07-02-2011, 02:31 PM