Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Looking for some input on this.
(05-31-2011, 08:28 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: I thought you already knew them. At least that's what one could assume since you did say that you KNOW that there are at least 1000 different things wrong with it. Also add to the fact that you then continued to mention your mistakes shortly thereafter and how you need to change them, well, don't tell us, show us and do it.
I meant I knew that there was a few things wrong with it, but I don't know everything that's wrong with it. Sorry, I'm not making much sense, am I? Tongue

Quote:Why does he look like he has an aftershave? Unless this is intentional...
It's intentional. Ore has a five o'clock shadow.

Quote:it sucks.
Thanks.

Quote:They're is NO shading in the hair, which is bad, have at least 2 different shades, 3 would be ample for this sprite, and for future reference, any different color of hair should have more...
I know. I tried doing some hair shading at one point with darker tones of blue, but it was something I just couldn't recreate more than once. That doesn't mean I'm giving up completely, I've just stepped away from that for now. (I should probably try again on my next sprite.)

Quote:...and recycle the colors in the pallet in the hair for other parts of the image, AKA a blonde using the lightest shade for lightest shade for skin; using darkest shade for outlining the sprites skin where the lightsource hits, etc.
OK, I actually think using the darker suit colors for the hair would work... I might try that, too.

Quote:The suit doesn't look like a suit, more of a sideshow magician act's top, or a pirate's. I can't even see the shoes when it's at 100% and when zoomed in I can barely see it.
Cool? It was part of the character, but I could shorten the back to make it look more like a suit. Yeah, the shoes are tiny. I know I messed that up.

Quote:The suitcase needs to be enlarge and have details added ad in, gasp, a handle, a gold plated lock, possibly his name/brand engraved into a metal plate (don't expect to be readable, unless your character is a spy and his name is x 0.o), etc.
lol The briefcase wasn't a huge part of the sprite, it was just for the sake of posing. But I'll keep that in mind once I make a real sprite of it.

Thanks for the feedback.

...and suddenly, FlyGuy95 from nowhere!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Looking for some input on this. - by FlyGuy95 - 05-30-2011, 08:45 PM
RE: Looking for some input on this. - by Proton - 05-30-2011, 09:03 PM
RE: Looking for some input on this. - by FlyGuy95 - 05-31-2011, 07:14 PM
RE: Looking for some input on this. - by FlyGuy95 - 05-31-2011, 08:13 PM
RE: Looking for some input on this. - by FlyGuy95 - 05-31-2011, 09:36 PM
RE: Looking for some input on this. - by FlyGuy95 - 06-01-2011, 11:53 PM
RE: Looking for some input on this. - by FlyGuy95 - 05-31-2011, 10:15 PM
RE: Looking for some input on this. - by Maneko - 05-31-2011, 09:45 PM