Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Fangame][In development][No title yet]
And what exactly, do you want me to do about the style clashing problem? I'm not a spriter moder, I can't make a sprite from scratch. And I really doubt anyone would be willing to make me original sprites.

The lack of originality of the other crossover titles, are mostly just simple, ultra bland plots. Not to mention, accompanied by really really horriblely animated and resized sprites, and very poor game mechanics, and the characters barely even operate like they're supposed to.

That's generally the problems with the crossover titles I've seen. Poor backgrounds, or terribly lacking backgrounds, and the sprites aren't even fully colored. Or properly colored. I already mentioned the gameplay mechanics, but still, it plays a major part, as it isn't given the proper care or time to be made into something decent.

I admit, yes, there is style clashing, but what am I supposed to do? I'm just calmy asking, what am I exactly supposed to do about it? It just seems like you guys are saying it's bad, and might as well not even work on the project and work on something entirely different. That's kinda like working to apply for a job to work on car parts and you somehow wind up working as a desk clerk for the place rather than the initial job you signed up for.

The plots and stories for the other crossover titles I've seen, are very bland, and have very nutty and if not stupid plot twists. Not to mention, improper characterzation. Turning certain characters evil for no real apparent reason, not to mention, in regards to the bosses, they don't even properly emulator who or what they're supposed to be.

To simply put it, no real thought or proper creativity was put into those games. So, they flat out stink all the way around.

The title I'm working on, has style clashing yes, but it nearly isn't as bad as the other titles. Not to mention, as you guys had commented on, it has an actual decent engine, and the characters operate the way they should, and not to mention are properly animated and their size hasn't been tampered.(Not to mention still properly colored.) And the backgrounds are actually there, and aren't just some ugly resized image found online or something.(As some of those have very poor backgrounds, like actual photos someone took with a camera.)

As for the plot, I'll give you guys a summery of it, so you guys can properly judge it. Cause I think judging it as a "Same ol stupid non original plot" right off that bat, without even actually seeing, is possibly a hasty conclusion. It's not just some "The villains have joined! And so the heroes have joined as well to stop them!" plot.

That's treating it like all they all hang out in the same world, which they don't. I'll provide a prologue with some pictures here and there.(Not there will most likley be text once in awhile in them.)

-----------------------------------------

Since the beginning of time, there have been a multitude of worlds and realities, each unaware of each other, with no way of reaching each other for the most part. How ever, ever couple thousand of years, a gateway would open between two of these many worlds, and more often than not, a great battle would ensue when these woulds would meet. How ever, cause of this, heroes would meet, and alliances would be made.

Eventually the gateways would eventually link many worlds, to one.

[Image: marvcap_screen001.jpg]

While the hero alliances would last, the villain's would not, as their goals and ideals, would not often mesh with those they thought were of the same state of mind. Each wanting the world for their single desires, while the hero's goals and ideals are very often similar, if not identical. In passing, they would often add their goals and ideals to their's, thus strengthening their fight against evil.

This process would eventually repeat itself over time, the gate ways slowly opening between several worlds, and more frequent. But only really in the sense of warriors fighting to prove themselves in battle, not really gaining or losing anything of value.

With the gateways becomming more frequent, one person in particular, had been watching this entire thing unfold for years, learning about the heros and villains of other worlds, learning how they operate, and while gateways haven't actually been opening up for certain worlds, they weren't less watched.

With the simple fact there was an entire Multiverse that could be taken over, every villain can be satisfied. The army is silently assembled, briefed, and given equipment and enhacnements to help them carry out the deed.

Six warriors of interest are targeted, and pulled from their worlds and plopped into another, for most the change of scenary was severe, others, barely even noticable. The forces are quickly dispurse into the other worlds, while most converge on the unaware warriors.

---------------------

Now, I'm just asking politely, does this sound feasable, decent, or downright terrible for a crossover plot for a fangame?
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Fangame][In development][No title yet] - by Mega Man model T 101 - 04-27-2011, 04:15 PM