Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far?
What I love about this game (as I know people have already mentioned) is that it's a lot smarter in the way encounters are designed. One thing in particular I notice a lot is that it sets you up to get certain Pokemon in the areas before a certain gym, but if you rely too heavily on a certain kind that the game seems to throw right out for you, you'll actually get boned by the gym leader. Here are two particular cases:

The Sandiles before Elesa's gym make you think "Oh, a ground type, that'll be AWESOME against the Electric gym!" --- nuh uh. Emolga. :X

The Jolticks in the electric cave to help you against whoever this flying girl I'm about to fight is. While Electric's all well and good, I doubt my electric bug could be nearly as fast as whatever SHE'S going to have.

Oh, and the first actual loss I had that wasn't due to underleveling was against N in the Theme Park. That flying psychic bastard is SO STRONG!!
Thanked by: Nindo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokémon B/W. How's the adventure going so far? - by TomGuycott - 03-20-2011, 07:55 PM