Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IDEA][UNPAID TEAM] Project Team Seeking Help
(02-24-2011, 01:56 AM)PortalGuru Wrote: If I clicked "Thank" any harder, I think I would've broken my clicking finger.

Cool. Big Grin

(02-24-2011, 01:46 AM)Kaikimi Wrote: No no and again I say no!
maybe you should stop covering your ears and listen to what people are telling you.

One I have designed many things for this project!
Yeah, just to wrap around the characters you're using. The real focus of the game is the fact that it features a mix up of all these other characters, you're just basically throwing these in to make it feel like you're actually designing something.

Two if Square can do it with Disney then I can try to do it with these!
You're not square or Disney. They actually collaborated with each other with their own IPs and made a game, they owned the rights to all of their stuff, you're basically stealing other peoples characters and concepts to cope with the fact that you can't come up with any of them on your own.

Third I can take criticism but this is ridicules Everything I've said you've just had a Monty Python's Argument sketch answer. You don't know enough about the project to say I'm not trying. So I say your entiteled to your opinion but I don't think you understand.

I understand that this is a fan game that is blown way out of proportion like 99.99 percent of fan games. I understand well enough what it takes to make a game, as I've been doing it for about 8 years now, on my own. I know design, programming, spriting, music, you name it, I've done it. I suggest you take the advice you're getting in this topic and make something unique. I'm trying to get you to put your effort towards actually "creating" something, not just making something from something that already exists. That's what a game designer does.

Would you listen to me here though? I have ideas that while I'm using these characters I'm using them in new ways. No I'm not just using them becuse I can't come up with anything new. Yes I know Square and Disney worked together. I can understand that you think you know everything becuse you have 8 years experience on me. and I say one more time this is a hobby!! I want to do it and am I harming you by not having a totally brand new thing? Look at how popular Mushroom Kingdom Fusion is. It even has it's sprites hosted on The Spriters Resource. And isn't that the same thing?

So I say this one more time wait and see what this evolves into. It's my life I start the way I want.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA][UNPAID TEAM] Project Team Seeking Help - by Plokman - 02-24-2011, 02:08 AM