Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[IDEA][UNPAID TEAM] Project Team Seeking Help
(02-24-2011, 12:56 AM)Sengir Wrote:
(02-24-2011, 12:20 AM)PortalGuru Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 06:11 PM)Kaikimi Wrote: Don't get your hopes up on this. Most actual programmers despise the thought of working on fan games.

Most, but not all.

I would normally make a joke post about Flash, but you can make a fairly decent living off of Flash gigs (and even some actual jobs)

But in any case, you are both right. Most fangame programmers live with their parents or in college dorms funded by their parents. You see, once you're on your own and working as a programmer for a living you'd hardly want to waste your time on a game that can't make money nor any real fame. Go ask any game producer if he's played Super Mario 63. Now ask him if he's played Minecraft. Obviously an unfair comparison, but that's what it is. If Markus spent all that time on a fangame he'd still be a nobody. Fangames will bring you little to no credibility with the professionals and won't raise your chances for a job. Almost any sort of "real" indie game will at least get you a junior programmer job somewhere. And that's really what the indie scene is about; becoming professional.

e: damn i type way too slow

True but you never know till you try. Like I said I know it'll take a while. But I want to get the ball rolling so here we are.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA][UNPAID TEAM] Project Team Seeking Help - by Plokman - 02-24-2011, 01:00 AM