Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tiny XP Help Needed
Justify it however you need, I'm not in the business of debating the morality at all, myself I'm all for it, but it is still illegal regardless of why you have it.

Let's see, well, no doubt having only 512mb of RAM isn't helping, but I've yet to see a system hardlock and die just because it didn't have enough RAM.

What I would do in this situation is clean out the XP install as best I can, grab yourself a copy of CCleaner to do the majority of the work for you, let it clear all your temporary and leftover files out, then run a registry scan with it and let it auto-fix any errors.

Next, right-click on "my computer" and hit "properties", go to "advanced" and then "performance", then under the "advanced" tab there click "change" under virtual memory and reset it to a system managed size.

On reboot, I'd suggest double-checking your bios settings are correct to make sure you're running everything at stock speeds and that your CPU isn't overheating or anything.
If it STILL crashes and refuses to work, you're looking at a more than a simple problem.
Try unplugging all your hardware and then plugging it back in.
(This isn't a dumb as it sounds, you'd be surprised how often it works.)

Personally I'd try reinstalling the OS again as a last-ditch attempt, and if that doesn't help the most likely culprit is actually a hardware error, which I can't really diagnose without being able to get my hands inside the case myself.

Hopefully I've been at least a little help, but doing tech support like this is kind of like trying to fix a car based on someone telling you what noises it's making, that clunking under the hood could be your gearbox catching fire and falling off or it could just be a stone rattling around in the bodywork.
Hope you manage to get it working though.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by: Maxpphire

Messages In This Thread
Tiny XP Help Needed - by Maxpphire - 02-17-2011, 05:40 AM
RE: Tiny XP Help Needed - by PatientZero - 02-17-2011, 06:43 AM
RE: Tiny XP Help Needed - by Maxpphire - 02-17-2011, 04:06 PM
RE: Tiny XP Help Needed - by PatientZero - 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM
RE: Tiny XP Help Needed - by Maxpphire - 02-17-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Tiny XP Help Needed - by PatientZero - 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM