Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Time Twisted Free to Use Sprite Development (02/21/2011)
The engine looks amazing - pretty close to the originals! A few questions, though: Which game exactly is the engine based off exactly? Sonic 1, 2, 3 or CD? I think that it's unlikely that it's based upon Sonic CD because it doesn't feature the CD-style camera, in which the camera pans a bit ahead of Sonic whenever he's running so that you could see what is ahead of you - which is a really great feature that you should consider. Some people on Retro complain of that feature though, because the camera pans too suddenly - so it might be better to keep it as an optional feature, or make it pan more smoothly than CD did, the way the Advance titles did.

I feel the zones are too similar in graphics. They are really close to the style of Sonic CD, which I like, but you gotta keep in mind that every zone should be a different experience, should have a different feel to it. Some zones are faster, like Palmtree Panic and Stardust Speedway. Collision Chaos is full of bumpers. Tidal Tempest is slow-paced and its terrain is blocky. Wacky Workbench is very vertical, etc. And alongside with that, every zone had different graphics, some had more of that surreal Sonic feel, some had a bit less, some were more technological, etc. So it's a pretty important thing to make each zone feel very different from the other, and Attraction Attack and Frigid Fortress seem pretty similar to me.

I'd love to help with the project, since I'm such a huge classic Sonic fan, but I really don't know whether I'll be up for it during the long run. Contact me either way though, I'd love to know more about it! My MSN account is rokkan.x@gmail.com
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sonic Time Twisted Spriting/Background Project (Updated) - by Rökkan - 02-05-2011, 06:39 PM