Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[vidjya]PZ - Absurdity / Mirror
Just finished this off today, figured since I unashamedly posted frames from the raw footage in the photos thread, and pretty much none of you have heard anything I do, I might as well post the video somewhere too.
Checked with the ZEEMOAR / Tachikommunist / Gillian monster and she suggested I stick it in here. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

(Note: You might want to crank it up to 480p, a lot of the subtleties get murdered by lower quality)
Sometimes being a musician sucks, you have to bare a lot of your personal thoughts and feelings, this is a good example of that.
This is probably one of the most uncomfortable videos I've ever done, I won't beat around the bush, the track came from breaking up with Gillian and struggling to deal with it.
I carried the very harsh introspective theme into the video by filming it in a way that made me feel exposed, there are no clever cover-ups, as few cuts as possible and my face fills almost the entire frame for most shots, I wanted there to be no way for me to hide even if I wanted to.
You might even notice around the 2 minute mark when I take off the sunglasses (the only barrier I had between me and whoever is watching) I start to seriously lose my shit, even forcing myself to stay in the frame at one point as I tried to turn away, it almost physically hurt to look at the camera that raw.

I'm the first to admit it's not the best video I've ever done, a LOT of the footage had to be cut once I sobered up and realised I didn't actually want my nipples on display in every frame.
Ended up using a lot more B-roll video than I intended to, hence the silly dancing and other daftness.
(also I wasn't just filterwhoring I swear, the idea was the song is actually me singing at/with/to myself, but in retrospect I should've done multiple takes and put them together in post. sigh.)

NEW AUDIENCE BONUS
Here's a some of my more popular videos/tracks just incase you're not completely sick of hearing me yet. And because I am a horrible attentionwhore and completely in love with myself.

Also: wat why do embedded videos auto-linebreak? that is retardumb. I love centered posts, obaby. Wink
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.

Messages In This Thread
[vidjya]PZ - Absurdity / Mirror - by PatientZero - 02-03-2011, 09:04 PM
RE: [vidjya]PZ - Absurdity - by Marth - 02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
RE: [vidjya]PZ - Absurdity - by PatientZero - 02-04-2011, 06:36 PM
RE: [vidjya]PZ - Absurdity - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 02-11-2011, 06:16 PM
RE: [vidjya]PZ - Absurdity - by PatientZero - 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM
RE: [vidjya]PZ - Absurdity - by Gwen - 02-11-2011, 07:27 PM
RE: [vidjya]PZ - Absurdity - by PatientZero - 02-26-2011, 07:21 PM