[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[MATH] Method to reduce both sides of an equation?
(01-23-2011, 06:10 AM)Murderbeard Wrote: i know this will sound p ignorant, but why can't you just do a simple:
atk-defense = hp lost?

idk why you would want atk to be 150% and defence to be 33%. is this for a special situation?

That is what I want, ATK-DF=HP_Lost. The problem is the values I'm working with were not originally set up that way, so I'm trying to convert the formula to that simpler one. However, I would also like it to be a symmetrically scaled adjustment, even if it is bell-shaped. But I can mess with the shape if I ever find a way to simplify the formula. But that's why I don't want to use "If x>50, x=50" because that would yield an "r"-shaped curve. I want an omega-shaped, J-shaped or L-shaped curve, depending on whatever's closest to the original shape. Since the orignal was fairly linear, I think an "S"-shaped curve will be what I end up getting. with the bottom of the S being 1 and the top being 50.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [MATH] Method to reduce both sides of an equation? - by TheouAegis - 01-23-2011, 10:32 PM