Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for style suggestions. Help appreciated!
I'm currently working on some concept sprites for a project I hope to one day get off the ground. I'd rather not get too into detail about it because I've been working for some time on the details for some time and I don't want all that work to simply go into letting somebody online flat out take my ideas before I can go anywhere with them.

Describing the world alone and nothing else, I want to make a large 2D background that basically has as much going on aesthetic wise as physically possible. I'm talking futuristic yet run down; Cluttered, lots of neon, billboards everywhere; Buildings falling apart; Pipes, air ducts, and wires covering everything; cyberpunk meets dieselpunk meets steampunk; washed out colors contrasted against a multitude of bright lights... and so on and so on.

The city needs to be a 2D backdrop (think side-scroller background) and I'm trying to decide on a style of spriting to go with. Can you suggest any games I could look at that might have a similar look, or just a unique style that might fit with what I am trying to create. I want things to really pop, have a wide verity of color and shading, and look cartoony but not childish.

Thanks in advance!
[Image: ROTOMWIIwtf.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Looking for style suggestions. Help appreciated! - by MFreak - 01-12-2011, 06:56 PM