[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Does doing this sound like a good idea?
(01-09-2011, 03:41 AM)ddrmaxman Wrote: Oh sorry, I read "sound" and "if this sounds safe" which made my mind interpret the first "sound" wrong. lol

anyway, it seems like it's safe to do, but safe mode isn't really made for using media and stuff, it's intended to allow you to access your computer without programs and things loading if your computer keeps crashing because of them. That allows you to fix problems in your computer, and lets you copy files to a portable Hard drive so you can save stuff from a dieing computer.

if you want to listen to music, it's best to listen to that in regular mode.

You act as if I don't know what safemode is used for.

Hrmmmm, Well Gee... Why am I in safemode in the first place? Since you seem to be pretty damn new here I'll tell you.

Because my computer is a fucking peice of tempermental shit whos win32 files keep corrupting on me. This time it is the svchost.exe file that is corrupt, and no, it isn't the virus that I spelled wrong, it is an ACTUAL win32 program.

Oh hey, in normal mode my taskbar freezes, any program I open will freeze within a minute or so, and the Task manager won't come up.

I've been stuck in safemode for months now. I know how to force any program to work in it, including Skype and iTunes, both of which will refuse to open on their own.

I am sick of having no sound.

Now stop treating me as if I'm computer stupid, I generally know what I am doing when it comes to my 2002 frozen caveman of a computer.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does doing this sound like a good idea? - by Maxpphire - 01-09-2011, 04:49 AM