Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Yoshi, Parakarry, Bowser and original unrelated characters
I was looking for the B/W sprites merely out of curiosity for the game's content, haha. I understand what you mean by saturation shifting, I tend to shade heading straight towards black, essentially. People have said it's boring, and I agree, but I can't seem to achieve acceptable form without it, and when I try to switch out colours on the established boring shading... I don't like it! I like it on other people's work, but damn if I can't get a feel for it, because whenever I've tried, I end up reverting to dull. Maybe I should try slapping on some crazy colours to define form and then calming them down?

EDIT: Dunno, not gonna object to wherever you stick the thread. I generally don't use the toning tool straight, the biggest use of it is on Bowser and that yellow cat. I use it to sloppily outline different sections of shading, and then dither by hand to blend everything, trying to follow its pattern of, um, I don't know how to call it. Dot spacing?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yoshi, Parakarry, Bowser and original unrelated characters - by Corvidophile - 11-26-2010, 10:38 PM