Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Luwl. Imaginary Hearts.
(10-21-2010, 10:31 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: You should include a tl;dr version, really. A description -is- necessary to understand what you've made, and to determine what parts are custom for the sake of confusion
Soo...I've gone into unnecessary detail, but I've still included the information that's required... Don't crucify me for my finickiness. Cry

(10-21-2010, 10:31 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: Metaru's post actually was constructive because he's saying that making "bars" for "imaginary games" is a waste when you could be doing things to really improve yourself. It's especially not a smart idea to post them here because that's what this section is really about; improving.
My bad - that was before the edit. That post was mainly aimed at /■/. For being a moderator, he outright with one post broke like...four rules, which I'm certain, any other member would get at least a week's worth of ban-time over... Not awesome. Anyways, my post was edited to clarify what was directed at whom.

Oh, and also...I almost somewhat resent that! Not all of this is bars... =.= That'd be lame and cringeworthy. Besides, I have no illusions about my spriting skills: I can't do bodily proportions worth a damn, and if I can, it's lucky usually. So, instead of pointlessly try to do something and fail, which I have many times, I at the very least try some crap that I can do. Whnn people make games, or whatever, having a user interface that aids the process and blends in well is just as important as any background or character sprite. At least, in a visual sense. It wouldn't make much sense if you were playing Devil May Cry, and the HUD was from Barbie's Unicorn Adventures.

I understand that there is a...certain niche here. But, I have my own personal niche too. And in that sense, I want to improve in that area. Can't convince a swimmer to abandon swimming and take up ju jitsu.
(10-21-2010, 10:31 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: Regardless, the reactions are super banded and super ugly, I can't read the limit that starts with an A, red rave's gradient is really not-good (on the left detail), and element blade is just kind of ugly overall. It looks like you tried to gradient red into green and that kind of makes a gross color, plus it lacks style compared to the others
The one with the A is "All-Vanity." I'm thinking it's maybe your monitor? It shows up perfectly fine on mine. I initially wanted to emulate the standard KH2 logo font, but went with something more "thorny." For references, I'm currently running on an iMac with maximum brightness and contrast settings. It also shows up fine, perfectly readable on my crappy Vaio laptop.

The Red Rave thing, I see exactly what you mean - the individual gradient bands are two-pixels too thick - I'll fix that. Thanks.

As for Element Blade.... Embarassed What's this "Element Blade" thing you're talking about? I don't see anything. Never heard of it. Doesn't exist. You're obviously quite delusional. *deletes*

On a sidenote, I'm also starting to dislike the Full-Bloom graphic as well - it originally seemed to blend well, but for some reason some pixels from the scythe...just sort of stick out in an ugly way.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by -Q- - 10-21-2010, 09:37 PM
RE: Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by Cobalt Blue - 10-21-2010, 10:15 PM
RE: Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by Cshad - 10-21-2010, 10:18 PM
RE: Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by -Q- - 10-21-2010, 10:19 PM
RE: Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by StarSock64 - 10-21-2010, 10:31 PM
RE: Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by -Q- - 10-21-2010, 10:43 PM
RE: Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by StarSock64 - 10-21-2010, 11:02 PM
RE: Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by -Q- - 10-21-2010, 11:12 PM
RE: Luwl. Imaginary Hearts. - by Cobalt Blue - 10-22-2010, 03:02 AM