Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Taking a Huge Dump!!
Thanks for the feedback guys, they hurt, but are helpful.

(09-27-2010, 02:35 PM)Frario Wrote: I think you should take care of each sprite separately. And focus on 1 sprite at a time.

Not sure whats that directed towards. Blank

If you're referring to all of my works, they were all made over the span of nearly two years

If you're talking about the run cycle, thats a good idea. I mostly just focused on the legs when I made that and didn't really notice the body.

Thanks for the link though, should prove to be helpful.Smile

(09-27-2010, 04:31 PM)Gors Wrote: the second one is where the flaws start to appear. There are too many colors, and they lack contrast. Pixelart is a kind of art where you economize colors; don't go using 20+ colors in a sprite so small. You can cut a lot of them by increasing the contrast. Also, you may want to check her anatomy (noodle limbs, broken legs, huge breasts compared to torso).
To be honest I intended to make the anatomy a little off, the breast part and limbs anyway. And the coloring is a good point, I always think it looks weird though when I only use one level of shading. I think it also has to do with the outline color I use, it being just a darker shade.

I'm curious to what you mean by broken legs though. Sounds horrible!!Sick

(09-27-2010, 04:31 PM)Gors Wrote: the fighting sprite one looks... odd. Look at his face. The forehead is all weird and the shirt shading gives him breasts. I also don't like how you exactly copied the shirt shading even when he changes the perspective, in the third frame. The legs in the said frame is also broken as hell

Hahah, thats probably why I lost the contest. Again the broken comment is piercing my brain. Gonna Puke

(09-27-2010, 04:31 PM)Gors Wrote: the tree looks... too messy. You don't need to represent all those leaves; they're well-represented by pixel clusters. Try using them instead (check some references if you don't get what I mean). Also, it doesn't have a definite lightsource.

I recall looking at several different photos when I made that as well as some pixel trees. I'll have to check out these pixel clusters in use. But I'll take a gander at some trees in Mana or something and see how they do it.

(09-27-2010, 04:31 PM)Gors Wrote: the bg scene is grating to the eyes because of the grass/dirt pattern. Also it's not that lively because the flowers aren't bright, as well as the rest of the objects. I also find hard to distinguish the grass from the smaller trees scattered on the screen. You may want to make it stand out more by giving it a brighter color/darker outline.

Ah, good point, I never really noticed that about the pattern. So would you reccommend using a different color as well as a new pattern? I'll definitely look up some grass right now and take another crack at it.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Adidaas - 09-27-2010, 10:00 AM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Gors - 09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Frario - 09-27-2010, 02:35 PM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Gors - 09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Adidaas - 09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Proton - 09-29-2010, 06:06 AM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by 2+D - 09-29-2010, 02:17 PM