Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Why Do You like Your Favorite Game?
(09-28-2010, 04:00 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Nomura's art style aside; the PS2 game is actually solidly made; just... unimpressive for its generation.

You say I'm being vague? Your right, everything in BFM was in Samurai Legend Musashi. Infact it should be noted that Nomura did some of the character art in BFM but took FULL control of designs in it's sequel.

The thing that SLM didn't have was any real charm. The jokes were forced, Musashi had little to no dialogue that I deemed important. He was responsible and kind, but not in the 'I'm better, and strong cause hell...you all summoned me to save everyone right?' tone that he carried through out BFM. Not to mention the cast of characters Musashi had to fight in BFM that gave his heroic acts such outrageous senses of 'cool'. Literally he could fight anyone or anything. Flowers, Soldiers, Robots, Giant Ant's, Frost Dragons, Zombie Vampires yes, you read this correctly Zombie Vampires.

Not to mention all his duels against people were spot on hilarious or devastating to the point it was comical (the fights I mean). From his namesake and true legend fight with Kojirro on Dragon Isle to his dance dance off with Toppo. Everything about his fights were spectacular in the original game, plus the cool side quests of finding all the people in the castle who were lost. To where you literally have to toss cute dog amputee's called Minku's for increase in health. Getting the Legendary armor, the sleep system, and the first game I ever had time affect my gameplay, with shifting between day and night and how 'time' ultimately effected the world as it moved forward. People had schedules they followed, times where they were in certain places that you HAD to meet them to complete certain objectives. Everything about this game was grand from it's planing to it's execution.

Samurai Legend Musashi, was more than just a let down of it's generation, it was terribly underwhelming. From playing the original game you expect that the sequel where he's gone from being just a 12 year old boy to being 18 with a more crass attitude. You'd think there would be more insults and funny dialects would have to follow right? No. Not at all. Sure the bosses were kinda cool, but most were not memorable. In fact the one fight your waiting the entire game for isn't even a fight. Where you fight Kojiro your rival with epic background music on the 'Beach of Dragons', you fight Gandrake in SML as a one hit dual. That you CAN'T fail.

Nothing in Samurai Legend Musashi is memorable while EVERYTHING in Brave Fencer Musashi is. Just one of those titles Nomura thought he could sell just on the fact alone he made a sequel to a great game, and his name was attached to it.

That enough wall of text for you Groove?

Edited- to make more sense.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Do You like Your Favorite Game? - by Omegajak - 09-28-2010, 06:07 PM
RE: Why Do You like Your Favorite Game? - by Alex - 10-03-2010, 12:40 AM
RE: Why Do You like Your Favorite Game? - by Key - 05-04-2011, 07:24 AM