Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Why Do You like Your Favorite Game?
oh. we had a thread listing our favorite games, but a thread explaining why i guess it's quite new

um let me see

Sonic CD was basic and complex at the same time. Levels are not too labyrinthic, you just dash rightwards and almost never going leftwards, but the level design is pretty great. Each level feels entirely different not only because of the different badniks and gimicks, but the levels themselves are structured differently to adequate those gimmicks and to feel different from each other. It's quite similar to the original Sonic a lot because it was based upon it, but still, it feels very different from Sonic 1-3. The time travelling, the amazing atmosphere created by the colorful and very surreal landscapes and the amazing music alongside it, the story is simple but original, it also introduced Time Attacking, and it had a ton of little details and secrets that just shows how this game was put together so nicely.

Recently, I have been putting Sonic 1 to the same "tier" of Sonic CD. Sonic 1's levels are very fun to replay over and over again, trying to get better times or higher scores. Speed just feels more rewarding since you don't have the Spin-Dash. Going fast, trying not to be stopped by any sorts of obstacles, knowing when to jump and when to spin on the ground. It got specially fun after I got a rom hack that records your best times and scores at each levels and also the highest number of rings collected, monitors and badniks destroyed, plus Boss Attack and other modes.

Also any Treasure game because they're very creative and fun.

I'll post more non-sonic games later.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Do You like Your Favorite Game? - by Rökkan - 09-27-2010, 04:54 PM
RE: Why Do You like Your Favorite Game? - by Alex - 10-03-2010, 12:40 AM
RE: Why Do You like Your Favorite Game? - by Key - 05-04-2011, 07:24 AM