[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Taking a Huge Dump!!
finally back from work, will properly give C+C now c:

the first one's fairly ok because it's a simple style; just take care on the frames; some have messed up feet. You may want to take a closer look on them. Also, he goes 1 px forward when walking to the right.

the second one is where the flaws start to appear. There are too many colors, and they lack contrast. Pixelart is a kind of art where you economize colors; don't go using 20+ colors in a sprite so small. You can cut a lot of them by increasing the contrast. Also, you may want to check her anatomy (noodle limbs, broken legs, huge breasts compared to torso).

the random characters also suffer from the same flaws as the second sprite. Some of them also have jaggies; use anti-aliasing to fix them.

the walking is smooth, but impossible to do in real life. Check Frar's post and use that sheet for reference. Also, same color/lineart/shading problems as the other two.

the fighting sprite one looks... odd. Look at his face. The forehead is all weird and the shirt shading gives him breasts. I also don't like how you exactly copied the shirt shading even when he changes the perspective, in the third frame. The legs in the said frame is also broken as hell

the tree looks... too messy. You don't need to represent all those leaves; they're well-represented by pixel clusters. Try using them instead (check some references if you don't get what I mean). Also, it doesn't have a definite lightsource.

the bg scene is grating to the eyes because of the grass/dirt pattern. Also it's not that lively because the flowers aren't bright, as well as the rest of the objects. I also find hard to distinguish the grass from the smaller trees scattered on the screen. You may want to make it stand out more by giving it a brighter color/darker outline.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Nindo, Adidaas

Messages In This Thread
Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Adidaas - 09-27-2010, 10:00 AM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Gors - 09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Frario - 09-27-2010, 02:35 PM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Gors - 09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Adidaas - 09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by Proton - 09-29-2010, 06:06 AM
RE: Taking a Huge Dump!! - by 2+D - 09-29-2010, 02:17 PM