Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][UNPAID TEAM] Element: 6 Years past
(09-22-2010, 06:56 PM)Robert Paulson Wrote: That's probably why there aren't very many fans.

Listen, creating a UNIQUE AESTHETIC DIRECTION requires consistency in style throughout the whole game. Citing a game that I've cited before, Runman, part of what makes the general appearance so great isn't the fact that the artist is a regular Da Vinci, but the fact that he used his limitations to the best of his ability and blended everything together well enough for a bold, kid-with-crayon style to be present.

This game looks atrocious because of the amount of style mixing going on. Make up your fucking mind and pick 1 of the 3. Because your game isn't getting anywhere if you don't have a solid graphical direction.

I'm thinking it's most likely because the community where the game is being hosted is a smallish place and doesn't get much exposure. I started off wanting to make the game all pixel but I'm not a good enough sprite artist yet, especially since I just started. I could use my other art/ other peoples skills to cover up the pixel skills I don't have, Yeah it's different but that's the way I like it. I can't just draw because well for one that's not even my drawing, it's the teams anime artist, I can't just pixel because I'm a noob at it, and I can't do all 3D art because my small laptop wouldn't able to support it. I'm thinking making this game the way it is, then later when I can remake it in 3D for it's finalized version.

(09-22-2010, 06:58 PM)Proton Wrote: You should probably just fix them from the ground up.
The anatomy is all messed up and you already know about the shading.

And Arial font is a no-no.

If I did that they'd most likely come out the same or worse haha
The font is just there for now so no need to worry about it.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [GAME][UNPAID TEAM] Element: 6 Years past - by ElementGames - 09-22-2010, 07:35 PM