Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Maru & Badnik Trooper
Thanks for the tips and ideas, folks.
The hair was more or less a placeholder, so when i feel like finishing it someday, i'll keep the length in mind. Hair is something i find really hard to model, especially if it should have a more flowy look like Maru's ponytail.

[quote]Overall, not a bad model at all. However, the only issue I can see in the future is the gender of the character being hard to tell. It's hard for me to tell in both model and sprite that she's a girl (well, tomboy appearance is what it gives me the most).[/quote]
To be honest, i was hoping that her butt would make up for this^^'
[quote]is'nt maru a boy's name? [/quote]
Really? It was based on the Maru/Batsu pun which Zero and X names are based on. Pretty clear case of "did not do enough research"xD

I'm trying to find a file of my very first model for the last few weeks, but the best i could find are some pics i found in an old forum-post. It seems like it vanished from every computer where i ever used Wings3D oO'
I really tried to get into various 3D tools, but i never managed to create more than some ugly blocks. This Badnik Trooper was finished a week after i downloaded wings. I'm currently working on a remake, as i don't think that i'll ever be able to find the original.
[quote='DerZocker' pid='322142' dateline='1285192928']
Thanks for the tips and ideas, folks.
The hair was more or less a placeholder, so when i feel like finishing it someday, i'll keep the length in mind. Hair is something i find really hard to model, especially if it should have a more flowy look like Maru's ponytail.

[quote]Overall, not a bad model at all. However, the only issue I can see in the future is the gender of the character being hard to tell. It's hard for me to tell in both model and sprite that she's a girl (well, tomboy appearance is what it gives me the most).[/quote]
To be honest, i was hoping that her butt would make up for this^^'
[quote]is'nt maru a boy's name? [/quote]
Really? It was based on the Maru/Batsu pun which Zero and X names are based on. Pretty clear case of "did not do enough research"xD

I'm trying to find a file of my very first model for the last few weeks, but the best i could find are some pics i found in an old forum-post. It seems like it vanished from every computer where i ever used Wings3D oO'
I really tried to get into various 3D tools, but i never managed to create more than some ugly blocks. This Badnik Trooper was finished a week after i downloaded wings. I'm currently working on a remake, as i don't think that i'll ever be able to find the original.
http://npshare.de/files/9e7a47eb/badniktrooper_new.jpg
Edit: Some progress on the Badnik

by now i'm workng on the head. The jaw already looks better than the first one but the skull looks still pretty weird.
[Image: marusprite.png][Image: DerZocker.png][Image: irissprite.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Maru & Badnik Trooper - by DerZocker - 09-20-2010, 04:35 PM
RE: Maru - by E-Man - 09-20-2010, 04:54 PM
RE: Maru - by Shadowth117 - 09-20-2010, 09:55 PM
RE: Maru - by valforwing - 09-20-2010, 10:59 PM
RE: Maru - by Zerox - 09-21-2010, 02:09 AM
RE: Maru - by Novax - 09-21-2010, 03:26 AM
RE: Maru - by DerZocker - 09-22-2010, 05:02 PM
RE: Maru - by valforwing - 09-24-2010, 09:31 AM
RE: Maru - by Shawn - 09-24-2010, 12:26 PM