Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fixing textures on ripped N64 models
(08-18-2010, 04:11 PM)Damondred Wrote: I am using 1964 emulator with the plugin to export VRML data. I opened the model in autodesk 3DS max and deleted all the geometry I didnt need. I exported the file as a .3DS file and opened in milkshape 3d since the tutorial told me to use that to fix the textures. At this point I have no idea how to fix them. The picture shows how it looks once I open in milkshape 3d.

You know I think the problem there actually is less the textures than the model. From the picture it appears that your UVW mapping is a bit messed up. I'm not sure it makes a difference if you fix it up it Milkshape rather than Max, but its your choice.

Anyway the problem seems to stem from the graphics plugin not reading the UVW mapping correctly which is why during emulation you'll often see funny looking texture mapping like that on the various models ingame. To fix this you'll need to adjust the UVW's with your program of choice. The tutorial you mentioned probably just had you open up Milkshape's editor for it. Since most of these open up in a small window you probably thought this was a separate program when it was really just a part of Milkshape.

The tutorial would probably explain what to do better than I would with this particular method so if you could post a link to it I could try to help you understand what to do where you are stuck.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fixing textures on ripped N64 models - by Shadowth117 - 08-18-2010, 04:23 PM