Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
vipershark did you like gurren-lagann
(07-12-2010, 05:32 AM)The KKM Wrote:
(07-11-2010, 09:43 PM)Vipershark Wrote:
(07-11-2010, 07:06 PM)Rökkan Wrote: i think the term "anime" is p. dumb tbqh, if you wanna say "japanese animation" then just say that. special terms are dumb and are made so that it can sound superior to other, like it's an entirely different thing (ps no it's not). that's why fatass weeaboos started referring japanese animation to anime and japanese comic books as mangas twenty or fifteen years ago

"anime" and "manga" are the actual names, straight out of japan
that wasn't made up by americans or whatever
´
Viper, I have something new I want to show you today. It's called "translating". You see, when there's a word that corresponds to what it's meant in other language, one uses said word.

For an example. Japanese people grab Marvel's Spiderman Comics, and don't call them SPIDAAMAN KOMIKUSU. They call it manga, because manga is japanese for comic books. Be it from Japan, America or Europe, it's all manga for the Japanese.

Anime is a contraption of Animeshon, Animation. For a japanese, the PowerPuff Girls are as much anime as Dragon Ball Z as Ren & Stimpy.

To sum it all up, what you said was plain idiotic and relates to what Rokkan was saying- weeaboo americans refusing to use perfectly fine english because japanese sounds cooler and superior.

*Supaidaman
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: vipershark did you like gurren-lagann - by Vipershark - 07-12-2010, 04:40 PM