Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
vipershark did you like gurren-lagann
(07-11-2010, 07:06 PM)Rökkan Wrote: i love well-made animations

i think the term "anime" is p. dumb tbqh, if you wanna say "japanese animation" then just say that. special terms are dumb and are made so that it can sound superior to other, like it's an entirely different thing (ps no it's not). that's why fatass weeaboos started referring japanese animation to anime and japanese comic books as mangas twenty or fifteen years ago

animations, be them japanese or american or french, they're just a way to tell a story, it's dumb and close minded to say that you hate them or that you hate "animes" based on a few stupid marketeable japanese animations for kids. Plus if you say that, it also means that you hate Hayao Miyazaki's works, and if you say that you hate Hayao Miyazaki's works in a serious, unironic way, you're a tool.

it's too late rokkman, and just face it, "japanese animation" is too long to say and people would prefer a shorter version for japanese cartoons.

to some people "anime" is just generally how japanese call it "cartoons" so they say it the way the japanese say it.

I'd agree but no one is going to go out of their way for a "term" terms will always be fucked up no matter what it is, especially in america.
Thanked by: Baegal

Messages In This Thread
RE: vipershark did you like gurren-lagann - by JarJar - 07-11-2010, 07:16 PM