Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IN DEVELOPMENT] SuikoRoku(A sequel to suikoden II)
(06-30-2010, 01:15 PM)Davias Wrote: What's up with the black part of the screen and this charset? Besides that, the mapping of the interior is good. But remember that you have to rip the Suikoden1-style with screens, PSX-VRAM is useless.

Your game reminds me at Exit Fate (also RMXP), but 25 episodes is way too long for a single person to handle (Episode 1 = a few hours? That's much). I think your motivation will decrease after each episode.

Well that was an unfinished screenshot that i've since rectified.
speaking of which, here's an early screenshot from episode 2. I am still finishing up episode 1.

I am making the game at my own leisure so i don't think ill lose interest. My story also tends to build upon itself so it should get more fun for me to make by the episode. I think the next few episodes should go much more smoothly now that i have the core,the resources, and the plot mapped out.

I am not good at ripping screens. I would love to recruit someone to help me with this. Fortunately, the early episodes stay away from areas already explored in the suikoden world but episode 3 has you visit toran so it is almost essential if i want to replicate the feel. Not every area is ripped so keep that in mind. So if someone will help rip backgrounds, the game will look much better.

I leave you with a very early screenshot from episode 2.

[Image: 20qj31j.jpg]
(06-30-2010, 12:56 PM)YONK!!! Wrote:
(06-30-2010, 11:25 AM)727 Wrote: It will at least take 25 episodes to tell the story.
uh

why not just
make some compromises and put out a reasonable number of episodes

This game covers 15 years of time. It's going to at least take 25 episodes. I'm not making them all overnight and they are only about 2 hours a piece. The completed series should take 50+ hours. This story goes all over the suikoden universe and covers many characters,themes, and villains so it has to be quite sizable.

heres some areas that will be involved(there may be a few i forgot)

Falena
Harmonia
Toran
Tinto
Dunan
Kanakan
Island nations

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SuikoRoku(A sequel to suikoden II) - by Dazz - 06-30-2010, 06:50 AM
RE: SuikoRoku(A sequel to suikoden II) - by 727 - 06-30-2010, 11:25 AM
RE: SuikoRoku(A sequel to suikoden II) - by 727 - 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM