Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
First attempt at SNES Sparkster styled sprite
Turbo Thunderbolt Wrote:Ok. I would have expected something like how I would fix that after being told it doesn't look like the game's style. So HOW DO I FIX?

(06-25-2010, 08:39 PM)Maneko Wrote: Your character is badly defined. Sparkster and his enemies use their color scheme to their advantage, so you always could figure where are their hands, or where are their feet, arms, waist, etc at any moment, no matter what move or animation they are doing at that moment. Also, they have thin limbs and exagerated feet and hands.
Your character uses orange as it's main color, but also uses it to it's hand and feet, which makes them blend with the body at first sight. It's thick limbs makes also difficult to figure where the different parts of it's body begins and ends, and it's weird leg stance makes it's legs look as if they were broken.
The torso is also badly defined, as it looks like a rectangle w/o any clear areas like chest, waist and shoulders as in sparkster and his enemies's case.

That's why I told you to examine the game sprites and then compare your own sprite with them.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: First attempt at SNES Sparkster styled sprite - by Gors - 06-25-2010, 10:16 PM