Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Do you think graphics are as important as gameplay?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I do!!
55.56%
15 55.56%
No, only gameplay matters!!!
44.44%
12 44.44%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

I think graphics are very important
It honestly depends for me

I couldn't care about the graphics most of the time, but nice graphics tend to be a plus for me

But really, it's all a matter of defining what "good graphics" are. I have several friends that absolutely hate Team Fortress 2 because of the cartoony graphics, and yet I personally love the game for the art style.

It honestly depends on the atmosphere the game is trying to give to me. TF2 is a goofy game, so goofy graphics work for it. Madworld is supposed to be a surreal game with a ton of gore, so the black-white-red color scheme worked well for it. Hell, Wind Waker went with a cartoon style to match its comic atmosphere, and it worked. And yet people will despise these games for the stylish direction it went in

Really, I'm getting tired of the "super realistic graphics" that *every* *game* *is* *trying* *to* *pull* *off*. It's become so mainstream nowadays to make the visuals as realistic as possible that it's not that cool anymore. When we got the first games to pull off stunning visuals and made the games seem too real, they were literally the best things in the world. Now? It's just redundant to see how many games there are today that have the "realism" going for them.

But as long as the game is fun, I could honestly care less.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: Gwen

Messages In This Thread
I think graphics are very important - by Shawn - 06-20-2010, 09:34 AM
RE: I think graphics are very important - by Rosencrantz - 06-20-2010, 12:51 PM
RE: I think graphics are very important - by Gwen - 06-20-2010, 04:00 PM
RE: I think graphics are very important - by Gors - 06-20-2010, 04:10 PM
RE: I think graphics are very important - by Gaia - 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
RE: I think graphics are very important - by Boo - 06-22-2010, 01:26 PM