Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][UNPAID TEAM][SCRAPPED] - Harry Potter: Next Generation (MMORPG)
(06-17-2010, 09:30 AM)P3DR0 Wrote: But anyway, if you think, that you can do it all, with a friend. Go on and surprise us.

Ok, that's why we're asking for a pixel artist to help us create the creatures and other stuff. About the spells and everything, we've already planned which spells to add.
Here's a complete list: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Spells
Those are the spells we would add. And, of course, as we update the game we might add others.

(06-17-2010, 10:02 AM)Lemon Wrote: Will this game include non-canon stuff? I don't see how you can make a giant world with just Hogwarts. Even after adding Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade, maybe even Privet Drive, it's still going to be quite a small game.

You are right, if we were only adding Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and Privet Drive, it would be a small game. But that's not all we are adding. When you create a new character, you will start of as a child (probably age 7) and you will be able to pick from several places to live in. (Not just Privet Drive, we're talking about adding different muggle and magical cities for players to be born in) There, you would be able to get your first wand, and start practicing spells. For spell casting, the player will need certain skill level before he can actually cast nice spells, so as a child, you're able to practice your spell casting skill, and read from books to learn spells. Basically it's kind of a... Harry Potter Sims, if you'd like. When you're 11, you'll be able to chose from Hogwarts, Durmstrang or Beauxbatons to go there and keep developing your skills.

(06-17-2010, 09:30 AM)P3DR0 Wrote: In the case, if you want to make just an HPMMO in Hogwarts only, you can't forget the classes, which has to be different for each job.

Of course, there will also be classes. Classes will be taught by a Teacher NPC, with an interactive system so that players can actually "talk" to the NPC through the chat system. Once you're done with your 7 years of learning, completed your OWLs, and NEWTs, you would be able to try and get a job in the wizarding world. You could pick from either being an Auror, to a member of the "new generation" of Death Eaters. You could work at the ministry, or you could be a wand maker. There would be lots of different jobs.

As for the fighting system, It would be like a classic RPG: You can see the enemies moving around, and when you touch them, you're taken to another background and your character gets a little bigger, and then you start fighting. It would work kind of the same way for dueling, but instead of just touching other player, you would challenge him first, or simply throw a spell at him, and the player would have the choice of fight you or not. That's mostly what we've planned to add so far. We already have the player sprites, for both over world and fighting. We'll be using an edit of the main character from Pokémon Ranger (fighting) and Pokémon Heart Gold (over world), made by me, and we already started making a draft of the code for each spell, so that we can code everything faster and avoid bugs. I insist, we still need a Pixel Artist. I can edit sprites, but I can't create them from scratch, and my partner works mainly with buildings and objects. So if you're interested, we would love to get as much help as possible.
[Image: signaturelonx.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harry Potter: Next Generation (MMORPG) - by Gaboswsttj - 06-17-2010, 11:37 AM