Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Imitation: Demo now working
To princaiple wailson>
I've been around some users threads, that contain works made by the threads author. Depending on the quality of the work or the individual, these threads can be quite harsh and contain some hostility, especially toward people newer to the world of spriting. Survival of the fittest is definately not the way, we want people of all skill levels to come to TSR to better the understanding of spriting and all its aspects. Don't we?

When I was first referred to the forum, I set in my mind to make this the best spriter site, or do my hardest trying. TSR, a friendly and a fun place for people to showcase their art, and seek inputs from other people with similar interests. This was achieved by providing informative and helpful input on the persons work (the words doesn't have to be strong or harsh to get a message across). Unless I am mistaken and this is an elitist forum, spriters of all skills should feel welcome to come to TSR. Through my many experiences in forums I've been to, people like to have a good time and have fun on the forum. They like to feel welcome.

----

If I can help it, I'd like to keep the current animations as they are. Since this is a spriter community, I can post any future animations produced to check if it looks weird, is going too slow, has misplaced pixels, looks choppy, or if it is actually good as is.

About Kirby's Up Tilt and other Original Moves>
The Kirby up tilt is one of the planned "new moves" for Kirby I've made up in the past to put a new spin on the characters regarding moves I never really agreed with. Lots of characters were really flexible and able to perform sometimes difficult moves with relative ease. Doing a standing split to attack up was used by many characters (Fox, Jigglypuff, Snake, Sheik, etc), and I wanted to try doing something new for characters to make their moves more unique from other characters.

Some time ago, I Wrote:The next animation due is Up Charge, Tilt and Smash.
Kirby will retain his Backflip Kick smash, but possibly adopt a new Up Tilt. I've noticed that every Tilt and Smash Kirby currently has uses it's feet to attack, and I'd like to deviate from it. Considerations are going in Star attacks, similar to Princess Peach's Up Tilt producing a Heart in Brawl...

...In Brawl, when Peach uses her up tilt, she places her hand in the air to produce a heart for a brief second then evaporates. I was looking for a similiar effect; if Peach used Heart Power (witnessed using this power in M&L:BiS, she used Heart Power to throw Bowser out of the castle), why couldn't Kirby use Star Power?...

...I have to admit, stars are kind of Kirby's thing. Peach has hearts, Mario has fireballs, Kirby has stars. Kirby can create stars to attack while riding on a Wheelie or using Cancel Beam, absorb monsters and spit them out as stars, even landing on the ground produces a star...

...The Up charge may look somewhat similar to Kirby's forward charge; except he pivots with the opposite foot, has a lower to the ground stance, the arms are steeper, and he puts his back foot slightly behind himself readying for a up smash. The attack itself (I call it Star Palm), Kirby reverses and quickly reaches as high as he can reach with his forward hand, this action produces a star at the tip of Kirby's reach (not included in the animation). Kirby reaches so high so quickly, he is forced to the tips of his toes and moves the back foot he moved earlier forward. Once the move is completed, Kirby falls back into his Stance.
Someone once Wrote:...With Kirby, they implemented many of Kirby's powers into his gameplay, but didn't give him anything NEW.

It's the same with Mario. They implemented his powers into his gameplay, but not created anything more...
[Image: butterfree.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by Tea - 05-16-2010, 05:42 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 06:34 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by Baegal - 05-16-2010, 08:42 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by triptych - 05-16-2010, 10:05 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by triptych - 05-19-2010, 02:07 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by CeeY - 05-16-2010, 09:24 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation: Demo now working - by shyan - 05-24-2010, 02:37 AM