Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: vote if its any good
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
good
5.88%
1 5.88%
bad
94.12%
16 94.12%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

is this any good to be a sprite ;)
Of course Rockman64 knows English (to a degree) because he can speak in short sentences that make sense, but it's not my buisness or priveledge to ask if he's adept at English or whatnot. It's the same as questioning if someone can read, or speak spanish, or etc. The grammar could however use work, but that's once again not my buisness nor is it relevant to the topic.

----

I'll try to put this in the most understandable way I can.

Try to identify and designate where the light source will be; in the current case, it's in the upper left corner (as the shading on Mario's overalls indicate) so the light will shine upon Mario from the upper left corner. The overalls are fine as they are, but try to practice shading on objects. The hat for example, on top of Mario's head, is not using the same shading technique as his overalls. The hat is shaded equally around the edges, not using a set light source, and the overalls shaded with light put into consideration. Try to match the two by placing darker colors farther from the light source, and lighter tones closer to the light source like you did with the overalls. That was good.

Another small tweak could be to expand the nose about a pixel of depth in all directions, and use the same outline used for Mario's skin for the nose outline. Currently, this outline is black but it could look better using the brownish outline used for Mario's face. Also, try to lower the moustache under the nose about a layer of pixels to make it appear closer to the chin and farther from the eyes. We can get to the moustache shape later, but we just need to correct a few more obvious pieces first.

Once a few effects are achieved, this can become quite the sprite. Just for now; try shading Mario's hat, and moving the nose and moustache.
[Image: butterfree.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
is this any good to be a sprite ;) - by Rockman64 - 05-18-2010, 04:18 AM
RE: is this any good to be a sprite - by Gors - 05-18-2010, 07:50 AM
RE: is this any good to be a sprite - by Fez - 05-18-2010, 09:23 AM
RE: is this any good to be a sprite - by Gold - 05-18-2010, 01:58 PM
RE: is this any good to be a sprite - by Dave - 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM
RE: is this any good to be a sprite - by CeeY - 05-18-2010, 04:09 PM
RE: is this any good to be a sprite - by Gors - 05-19-2010, 01:57 PM
RE: is this any good to be a sprite - by Marth - 05-19-2010, 03:54 PM
RE: is this any good to be a sprite - by triptych - 05-20-2010, 05:47 AM