Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Imitation: Demo now working
Your point is valid and taken, princaipal wailson; but I intend to share my honest opinion.

When comparing the two animations, one contains 16 subimages (the original) and the other 8 subimages. One does indeed appear to be accelerated (twice as quickly) since it contains half of the images used in the original. This effect could also be achieved by increasing the speed of the longer animation (x2) to match the speed of the quicker version, except the longer animation fills inbetween the gaps of the shorter animation (hopefully, involving greater detail). I would never hold back on anything I do, using fewer images to convey an animation is the easy way out; any animation can use an appropriate number of images as long as it still holds the feel of the animation chosen, in some cases more images are required to make the move believable without using blurring effects.

The lag in the punch is intentional, because it's waiting for user input if they wish to use the second punch in the string of attacks. If the initial punch recovered too quickly, it could become more safe to use as a quick poke. Everything I've sprited and animated, was animated so with a reason. Any one completed animation can take anywhere between 1-4+ hours, based on the complexity of the character and action I want to achieve. Time is really not too much concern, because if I can achieve the desired effect and look, it was worth every second.

If you hadn't already done so, please take the time to try the demo. I'm sure it can reinforce everything I've been trying to describe as there is rarely ever an animation that can have 'too' many images. (To Aurapigonstilts: Sorry, it was built in Game Maker, I'm afraid it wouldn't be able to play in your browser).
[Image: butterfree.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by Tea - 05-16-2010, 05:42 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 06:34 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by Baegal - 05-16-2010, 08:42 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by triptych - 05-16-2010, 10:05 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by triptych - 05-19-2010, 02:07 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by CeeY - 05-16-2010, 09:24 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation: Demo now working - by shyan - 05-19-2010, 08:29 PM