Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Imitation: Demo now working
(05-16-2010, 03:05 PM)shyan Wrote: To principal wilson>
These are indeed for a game I am designing. Oh, and my animation program (Lunapic) slows all the animations to 10 fps from their original speed, so they appear in slow motion. Apparently, 10 fps is the fastest that program can allow.
nonononono

you completely missed my point

i'm not complaining that they look like they're in slow motion, i'm stating that because you're using WAY too many frames in any given animation, they appear like they're in slow motion

take kirby's punch for instance
here's your version:
[Image: Punch1.gif]
you may not have noticed this because you were working on it for so long(?), but because there's so many frames here, it loses both a LOT of power, but seems to be focusing more on fluidity than actual effectiveness of the attack.
now i'm not saying fluidity of an animation isn't important, but when it comes to an attack, the actual power of the attack should be the main focus

[Image: punch1.gif]
here's your animation again, with only 8 of the 15 original frames remaining. not only has the power behind the attack increased, but the attack itself now comes off as an actual attack rather than an extension of the arm. and no fluidity was lost in the reduction of frames!

honestly, there would never be any reason to use the amount of frames you have in these animations

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by Tea - 05-16-2010, 05:42 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 06:34 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by Baegal - 05-16-2010, 08:42 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by triptych - 05-16-2010, 10:05 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-16-2010, 03:05 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by triptych - 05-19-2010, 02:07 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by CeeY - 05-16-2010, 09:24 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Imitation - by shyan - 05-17-2010, 12:39 AM