Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fake Pokemon sprites : Electric dragon !
(05-17-2010, 07:46 AM)Yutaka Wrote: The first gen pokemon didn't lack detail. The fundamental difference was that they tried not to have too many colours on each pokemon, being that the games were originally 8-bit, and could only use 3 colours per sprite, forcing them to use a very limited palette on each pokemon. If you want the electic dragon thing to look like a gen 1 pokemon, it can't have those bright blue wings.
Ah you raise up a great point, but my dragon only consists of 2 main colors, which were the average amount of colors gen 1 Pokemon shared. Also, most gen 1 Pokemon grew more colors (Between the games) as Pokemon became older and had more color options.
Take a look at Blastoise for example.
[Image: asdsadq.png]

(05-17-2010, 09:24 AM)Gabe Wrote: What do I mean by researched inspiration? I mean exactly that. Where is the myth? The concept? All I see is an electric dragon, but there is no real life animal basis or dragon myth this was inspired from, something you're missing when you design your pokemon :E

I don't think Pokemon really need to be based of of something, now do they? I'm not completely sure if this is true, but I believe there are some Pokemon who are just designed based on their typing...
My dragon is meant to be shaped in a manner that represents lighting, if anything due to its yellow, curvy body.
If that doesn't suit you well enough, then I guess there actually is a mythological creature that is a thunder dragon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druk
Although mine has nothing to do with this.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fake Pokemon sprites : Electric dragon ! - by ssbkid - 05-17-2010, 12:48 PM