Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ran's - Crit my sprites please
Original as in "can we see where you edited the base from in the first place?". Not original as in custom I think.
You say "Rudi's a character edit from a base of rpgmaker sprites, but these are original edits," so I'd like to see this base of rpgmaker sprites, because I don't know what they look like, and they'd let me know how extreme of an edit these are.

Seriously, no one's going to steal your sprites around here. It really is paranoia.

On the fairy(which is the only thing here which is fully yours, you say), well, its nice and smooth, and you obviously grasp the concepts of shading and lineart, but is 22+trans colors really necessary? I mean, the sprite is 46x49, there are almost definitely unneeded colors. Heck, it'd probably take less than five minutes to drop three blues, and skin, wing, and dress tones can all be lessened by adding a bit of contrast. Also, why not simplify the flower a bit and turn it blue? You can immediately lose all five reds that way. It isn't in danger of blending into your sparkles. To address your fear on the arms & hands, they look fine. Only thing I can imagine is that the outstretched arm is too short, and that a lack of a visible elbow might be throwing you off. I don't really recommend adding much of one though, it'd be distracting.
I'm interested in seeing more original work like this out of you, less itty-bitty rpg edits.

Also, on the Rudi animations, on the 1st & 3rd ones, he slides back, which really messes with the mind. Ground him when animating so he doesn't drift around.
[Image: Altered_photo1_sig.png]
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Ran's - Crit my sprites please - by Ran Master 27 - 03-17-2010, 01:52 AM
RE: Ran's - Crit my sprites please - by Ego - 03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
RE: Ran's - Crit my sprites please - by Vic - 03-19-2010, 09:47 PM
RE: Ran's - Crit my sprites please - by Mallacxo - 03-20-2010, 05:46 PM
RE: Ran's - Crit my sprites please - by mankuzo - 11-23-2010, 10:38 AM
RE: Ran's - Crit my sprites please - by Ashura - 11-23-2010, 02:06 PM