Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How did they blend this on the SNES? *pic included*
Whoa that's a nifty feature. I'll have to d/l vSNES now. I'll just include my messed-up version in my sprite sheet and keep my vSNES findings to myself. Big Grin

And yes, it is different with the layers turned off, I did notice that. I'll post a comparison screenshot for those who want to see what exactly I'm talking about. I did notice without the legs I could mimic almost perfectly (since I couldn't use the legs) what the actual image looked like if I screened the head and reduced the opacity of the ectoplasm (or I think that's what I did...) so I know alpha channels were indeed in use. It's actually not as impressive in game because you don't see the "screening. There was a GameMaker program someone made to compare blend modes and I was thinking of fiddling with that using the sprites, but haven't gotten around to it. I know some GM blend modes aren't easily replicable in PSP and was thinking maybe the SNES was similar.

But yeah, i'll post a pic in a couple minutes.

EDIT: nevermind. I worked 14 hours today and have to work another 8 or 10 more tomorrow. I don't feel like playing through the game again tonight.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did they blend this on the SNES? *pic included* - by TheouAegis - 03-15-2010, 01:23 AM