Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Oh look, the Pokemon Company is hiring.
And with that, I'd have to both agree and disagree with Koopaul here. First, I don't think they would create any game that's specifically for any PC, or an MMO in the way we see it. However, seeing as the probability of Flash dieing is as great as Linux being the dominant OS in this world, I think it's a possibility Nintendo is looking into something similar to those Facebook games, perhaps even creating one.

Think about it, in Facebook, micro-transactions are the key. If you can manage to create a game, let's say, a Pokémon game that's featured on one of the biggest social networks, it would increase the profits, seeing as people actually are willing to pay some bucks for the most exclusive things. Sure, the game would graphically be inferior to the latest physical Pokémon games, but the possibilities here are endless.

For example, instead of being confined to just one region, new regions could gradually be "unlocked" due to the fact that web applications can be updated. So, let's say in the first few months people roam about in the Kanto region. Then Nintendo updates the game. BAM! Johto region. Or events could be added, new Pokémon could be added instantly, either to test their balance (Nintendo could even decide to balance out certain new Pokémon, or even remove them, at which point people who own that certain Pokémon would get the possibility to trade them in for another Pokémon).

And about the micro-transactions. Who hates the fact that you run out of Master Balls fast? I don't, and neither do you guys, but there are some people who want to go the easy way, so for them, they could just buy special Poképoints, or even NinCoins or whatever (for any possible future games). They then can buy special items, like Master Balls, decoration items for your hidden base, special berries to create better PokéBlocks / poffins, even some useless things like costume items or even costumes. And there could even be a special "item" which allows you to transfer any Pokémon to your game (as long as the game supports that Pokémon).

Man, I should go into the Facebook business myself.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oh look, the Pokemon Company is hiring. - by GaryCXJk - 03-13-2010, 07:31 AM