Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][IN DEVELOPMENT][SCRAPPED] Revenge: An homage to the old school Megaman
Thanks for the support. I haven't forgotten the level editor. I see it looming over the horizon, i fully comprehend the world of hurt I will be entering. Any advice you can give me on level editing would be greatly appreciated.

My main resources have been moosaders guide on YouTube and lazy foo's guides, they gave me a lot of similar advice.

Right now, you could say I'm reinventing the wheel. I'm designing my sprite class from scratch. This may seem like a bad move, but I'm using this as an opportunity to master C++, so I want to build it largely by scratch. In the last few days I've managed to optimize it significantly. For right now, I'm happy with the sprite class, so I need to move on to more important things. Admittedly, I'm not sure what to work on now. NPC's? Projectiles? Map editing? Collision detection? I don't know!!

I think the biggest priority should be the map editor. I know there are map editors out there, but I'd like to build my own. A few questions I've been mulling over about that are:
how do I differentiate between a collideable object and scenery (a simple Boolean)? What sort of format do people commonly save the levels in? I know tile based is an option, are there others?

Thanks for any help, and thanks for the input and encouragement I've received thus far!!

P.P.S . Aside from flash and things like game maker, what would you guys use for such a project? I've never played with directx or opengl but I don't think tools like that would be necessary for a simple project like this one.
#Adam
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Revenge: An homage to the old school Megaman - by ClashPDG - 03-12-2010, 01:44 AM