Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
(01-27-2010, 11:50 AM)Xander Crews Wrote: Just beat the game on Mild.

Mild is a bigger challenge in this game than Bitter was in the first NMH. This game is perfect. Everything is handled so well. Your old weapons don't become obsolete when you get new ones since each weapon has a completely different playstyle. I'm finding myself using the Peony a lot because of its huge range and power, despite its speed being equal to that of a snail's pace.

Oh, and also, since each weapon uses its own battery meter, in a stressful situation it can be a much better idea to switch your weapon rather than spend time recharging it. You're invincible while your weapon is switching since it has to load the new weapon into the game and set up your new movelist.

The soundtrack in this game is also completely amazing from start to finish. Good storyline, it actually starts getting intense as you get farther into the game. The ending is EXCELLENT. None of the bossfights are repetitive at all; I actually found myself dying a few times in this game, something that rarely happened in the first one.

The levels aren't linear anymore; and you actually run into more than just one or two types of enemies. A level doesn't take two minutes to complete; they're actually LONG now. Hell, some levels will actually take you 15+ minutes before you get to the boss; like they should.

This takes every aspect of the first game and improves it so well. This truly is a sequel, and one of the few games that does not disappoint the hype.

EDIT: Oh and one more thing that I just noticed... as your Ecstacy Gauge (the tiger at the bottom right) fills up, the Peony gets practically TWICE as long.

this just makes me want to play the game more
but
i'm gonna force myself to beat the first one before I start the second, as much as I dislike certain parts of it.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - by Dazz - 01-25-2010, 08:12 AM
RE: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - by Sol - 01-26-2010, 03:39 PM
RE: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - by Vipershark - 01-27-2010, 04:08 PM
RE: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - by Sol - 01-27-2010, 03:01 PM
RE: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - by Sol - 01-30-2010, 11:46 PM