Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Tom Guycott's Toybox
Alright, I'm too tired today to get any actual work done towards sprites, but I will post some ideas for concepts I wanna try and sprite and maybe get some suggestions on what I should do after I wake up from my work-induced coma I'm gonna fall into momentarily. xD

1. More Ringcat
This is something I'm probably gonna do, since he's a pivotal character for my Cocoron 2 idea. I'll probably just get around to posting concepts for his animations, probably no sprites for a while since he's kinda complicated. Expect his appearing and disappearing animations, maybe some laughter, as well as perhaps the animation of his attack he uses to knock the "waking" out of the main hero. But first I'll have to finalize his design...

I like the purple design the most, but should I attempt it with glasses? With pants? Don't know...

2. Cocoron Hero Concepts

As you can see here, the heroes of the original Cocoron were assembled via a head, a body and a weapon (which is not part of linked sheet). In the original game, there were 24 heads and 16 bodies, several categories made to divide up groups of two or so bodies and three or so heads, groups such as Ninja, Robot, Ghost, etc. If I manage to actually figure out how to program the ability to choose and switch body parts, there is room for more than the original limitations of the NES.

Here are some ideas off the top of my head, both for original concepts, and references to other media. Such was done in the original Cocoron, as you can see the Gundam-like character, the Alien series style alien head, and ability to make the titular cyborg of Cyborg 009. Also, in my idea for a sequel to Cocoron, I wanted to make certain heads and certain bodies have special abilities. I also wanted to potentially make two other parts: a melee weapon and a back part, like wings.

-Original Head Ideas-
Sun, Moon, Toaster, Bee, Bull, Apple, Hooded head, Pirate, Cobra, Medusa, Angel, Devil, Eyeball (Just a lot of random ideas I have at the time)

-Original Body Ideas-
Tornado, Plane, Octopus, Snake, Barrel (like a naked guy hiding in a barrel xD), Floating robes, Caveman, Shiva, Tank

-References from other media-
Megaman, Bowser, Slenderman (I've been watching a lot of marble hornets lately xD), various tSR people... you know what, I could make this list a mile long. Ded

The references from other media is meant to be somewhat subdued, though... for example, I wouldn't just make Bowser in the game, but I might make a spikey dragon thing that just happened to have red hair. Another thing is that I need to figure out if I could make the game have the colors customizable.. that might be a LITTLE much. I have no idea how to even begin to do that.

3. I forgot. I'm going into that afformentioned coma now. xD
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Tom Guycott's Toybox - by TomGuycott - 12-19-2009, 02:38 AM
RE: Tom Guycott's Toybox - by Alpha Six - 12-19-2009, 02:42 AM
RE: Tom Guycott's Toybox - by TomGuycott - 12-19-2009, 02:44 AM
RE: Tom Guycott's Toybox - by Vipershark - 12-19-2009, 02:45 AM
RE: Tom Guycott's Toybox - by TomGuycott - 12-19-2009, 02:49 AM
RE: Tom Guycott's Toybox - by Ravecat - 12-19-2009, 03:19 AM
RE: Tom Guycott's Toybox - by TomGuycott - 01-15-2010, 10:02 PM
RE: Tom Guycott's Toybox - by TomGuycott - 01-16-2010, 01:09 AM
RE: Tom Guycott's Toybox - by Vic - 01-16-2010, 12:50 PM