Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
From Japanese to English and back again
(01-18-2010, 09:54 PM)Vipershark Wrote:
Quote:Also what makes her not 18 the most is that you wouldn't be able to tell without that episode over her turning 18.
Aside from her being a senior in high school, having a job, playing adult-only video games, and them actually saying it (outside of her birthday episode)?
She doesn't have to be 18 to do any of those except saying that she is 18. I forgot about the adult only video games but you don't have to be 17-18 to be a senior in high school or to have a job. She could have been 16 for all I knew. Plus some games you can get from illegally downloading off the computer regardless of the age.

Quote:When developing a character you have to keep in mind that whatever age your viewers perceive the character is their age, regardless of what you say otherwise. Sure she might be 18 in facts but in fans she is pedobait regardless.
Fan perception =/= the creator's canon. Plain and simple.
and right there is my point. However fan perception can outshine the canon because if the masses keep forgetting that she is supposed to be 18 then on fan sites and other such things they will wrongly list her age (and refuse to change it in some cases) and other people will see it and it will just spread and go from there.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
From Japanese to English and back again - by Gors - 01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
RE: From Japanese to English and back again - by Maxpphire - 01-18-2010, 10:18 PM