Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My First Tileset, Tell Me What You Think
All the tiling and placing is spot on, I like the shadowing you did, a nice detail. The best part is the grey brick road, mainly because of detail, which lots of other parts like the red bricks and the houses lack, maybe a crack or two, and making the front of the houses a little darker so the rooftops don't seem so plain.

Where the more technical crits come in is here: In the extras, the barrel isn't symmetric, in terms of the lines, the form is good, the lamppost is good but the trees, I'm sorry, are godawful. The colors are nasty(puke green) and the shape is pretty mushy, look for a reference of a real small tree/bush.

But the main criticism is....

Lines, the dark lines inside the shapes of each sprite don't look good, make the dark shade just for the OUTLINE of each shape, and make those same lines on the inside a lighter shade, to blend in, for the lampost, for the barrel, wherever else you can find it, otherwise it looks unfinished, like you made a line-art and just went crazy with the paint bucket fill tool.
Got one. Smile
***Read-Team Yoshi-***
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My First Tileset, Tell Me What You Think - by LilGrim1991 - 08-04-2008, 04:31 PM