[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Smash Bros. Project 5.0 (Palette now in first post)
I was going to make a topic about the style but I guess this works. I was wondering that since some characters are sideways (like Bowser) but most are in 3/4 (like Mario), I was thinking what would be the line to decide who faced what direction. In the Bowser topic, people said it made characters look more fierce. But Yoshi is sideways and he is all about being cute and friendly. So then I thought that maybe all non-human characters would be sideways. But that doesn't work for Kirby and Squirtle, who h ave already been sprited in 3/4 and look fine.

My theory is that all large, non-human, or fierce-looking characters should be sideways. I made a list of sideways characters, but I wanted to see what other people thought. A ? means that the character would work either way. These guys usually contradict one of the rules of large, fierce, or non-human. I put my reasons as to why they got a ?. If a character contradicts two rules, they don't make this list (Kirby, Diddy, Starfy, Pikachu, ect.).

Bowser
Bowser Jr. ? (small)
Yoshi ? (friendly)
DK
K. Rool
Ganondorf ? (human)
Mewtwo
Ivysaur ? (small, only somewhat fierce)
Charizard
Lucario ? (not very large)
Ridley
Dedede ? (not fierce)
Porky ? (He's only on here because of his pod thing, which fits the 3 rules)
Ike ? (I think all FE should be 3/4, but he;s the largest and probably the only one that would work sideways)
Capt. Falcon ? (human)
Game & Watch (he isn't fierce, but I don't see how spriting him any other way would work)
ROB ? (not fierce)
Snake ? (human)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Smash Bros. Project 5.0 *New Style* - by Wes - 10-29-2009, 04:14 PM
RE: Smash Bros. Project 5.0 *New Style* - by Ton - 10-29-2009, 04:17 PM
RE: Smash Bros. Project 5.0 *New Style* - by Wes - 10-29-2009, 04:42 PM
RE: Smash Bros. Project 5.0 *New Style* - by CeeY - 10-31-2009, 09:52 AM
RE: Smash Bros. Project 5.0 *New Style* - by Gold - 10-30-2009, 01:38 AM
RE: Smash Bros. Project 5.0 *New Style* - by Ton - 10-30-2009, 01:32 AM
RE: Smash Bros. Project 5.0 *New Style* - by Ton - 10-31-2009, 11:43 AM
RE: Smash Bros. Project 5.0 *New Style* - by Ton - 10-31-2009, 10:03 PM