heres a quickie.
[Image: murdocky.png]
I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
<___>

[Image: seanart.png]
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

I literally jumped out of my seat, thinking the gecko invasion has taken form in true reality.
Thanked by: Star
Hey guys I need some real help with this dude.

[Image: thisisslizer.png]

Any tips? Obviously the shading is horrible.
maybe you make the darker shades solid instead of using the soft airbrush-looking shading
Thanked by: Star, Koopaul
[Image: dLXHb.png]

i like the character design Smile
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
I think some contrast will really help out. Also, maybe use more vibrant colors for the shades will really make it pop out? What will also help is using the shade to "shape out" the character. Like I see around the arms where..it kinda seems like "banding". Take advantage of the shading.

Also, maybe add some kind of shade effect in the eye? So it kinda pops out more. Like Zac stated, try to sway away from the airbrush look; especially for illustrative pieces like you're doing.
Overall, I really like the character design. It reminds me of a Kirby enemy.
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

[Image: 2mzb0op.jpg]

Because some days you just wanna slap Stalins face onto a robot and call it a day. Also, ignore the Google translated nonsense up there!
Thanks guys, I'll do just that!

Thanked by:
random doodle of link inspired by the original games.
[Image: herooftime.png]

hey guys, what if nintendo did a gauntlet type of game, and used characters that were expy's of their famous protagonists.

Like they'd have
"The Knight Class" - would look like link
"The Archer Class" - would look like Pit
and so on.
i like your take on his hat. instead of a sock, its a hood.
Thanked by: Kabukiguy, Vic, Gaia
Baegal: Thanks, i think i'll stick with it, sounds silly and cool at the same time haha.
Star: I think the problem is the left side of his face and the middle of his face are given equal illumination? i like the eyes and the tongue is coming along great (it's so gummy). also i can't remember your old username in the old PT.
Koopaul: if you aren't trying to copy a specific style, i suggest adding some line weight. aside from the soft shading, note that the highlight of his eye is going against the lighting of everything else. is it based on an animal? just curious, because it looks like a seal to me, but the one eye is throwing me off.
Sunlight: reminded me more of Saddam. make it more grandpa-like. idk because Stalin looks like a friendly grandpa.
Kabukiguy: aside from the fact that he's gonna fall on his face, it's pretty great.

[Image: MTysP.png]
there are two kinds of people on earth:
those who love dragons
and liars
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
(06-14-2012, 12:54 PM)LeleleleMAXIMUM Wrote: reminded me more of Saddam.

[Image: b8o58n.jpg]
I... I just had to.
hahaha HU5-53iN
they remind me of Metal Slug bosses
sick
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: Sunlight, Gaia
(06-15-2012, 03:22 AM)LeleleleMAXIMUM Wrote: hahaha HU5-53iN
they remind me of Metal Slug bosses
sick

Heh, yeah I was sorta aiming for the big slow boss-robot look. Now if only I could gather the courage to actually sprite these...
Thanked by: