Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
Doodles and Finished Pieces
So I tableted an abaasy which is a turkish demon that has one eye, arm, and leg and rides a dragon.

[Image: Abaasy.png]

But I have no idea how to make smooth outlines. Every time I try to make a nice black outline it ends up really wavy and messy looking.

HELP
Thanked by: Zadaben, Kakashifan
tracing digitally over an outline with the line/curve tool. First time doing it; gonna fix the mistakes once i dont need the outline and can delete that layer.

[Image: wipanatomymale.jpg]

small improvment with right arm and removed outline. shoulder is bugging me though/....

[Image: kakashihotwip1001.png]
Thanked by:
You should really look on how legs connect at all, they're very thin too! The same could be said about the arms. Keep praticing!
Thanked by: Gwen, Kakashifan
yeah. I got rid of the right leg. reworked the left arm partly...gonna go back to the right now that you've said something.

new edit with bigger arms.

[Image: kakashihotwip1.jpg]

Thanked by:
The head and neck are also proportionally way to small for that body. The head needs enlargement and the neck needs major beefing up.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Kakashifan
imageshack took it fine before...screw imageshack. screw them. updated in my last post. ill do that thx.

[Image: kakashihotwip1.jpg]
Thanked by:
nope, not good yet

the base you're using for tracing is all wonky and off-proportions.

study anatomy more, look for real references etc. the way it is now is ugly.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Kakashifan
i made it myself thats why. Ill find some tuts on deviant, study those and compare them then.
Thanked by:
All art should be made by the artist themselves. Your anatomy sucks, go to the library, get a book on anatomy, medical ones work well if you can't find a good one otherwise, and study it.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
[Image: 2JDQc.jpg]
[Image: bbkFh.jpg]
[Image: wAHXQ.jpg]
Sketches I did today of plaster busts/models.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

I don't know what it is about them, but I love your sketches, C2B. The way you do hair is awesome in an unexplainable way.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Gwen, Chris2Balls [:B]
it's just soo wavy~ I can't get mine like that lol.

looked up some tuts; the whole box/cube thing is tharder for me. i dunno why but i do get why it is necessary.

with that pose i was trying to do a laying down thing. usually i draw ppl standing, so that would've been a good change of pace. I'll figure this out~ *anme catchphrase here*
Thanked by:
(03-22-2012, 05:29 PM)Kakashifan Wrote: it's just soo wavy~ I can't get mine like that lol.

looked up some tuts; the whole box/cube thing is tharder for me. i dunno why but i do get why it is necessary.

with that pose i was trying to do a laying down thing. usually i draw ppl standing, so that would've been a good change of pace. I'll figure this out~ *anme catchphrase here*

While you should study proper anatomy, it's good to get references too, you can find photo of people in this pose or similar if you search for it.
Thanked by:
An anatomy practice doodle. My main problem here is the balance between the head and the body, since it looks kinda off compared to the rest of the body:

[Image: 14t2cdh.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde
Legs to the body as well. Those legs look kinda small compared to the torso. I suggest making the legs a little longer.
Thanked by: