Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Harvest Moon(SNES) & Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town(GBA) Background Rip Project
Wink 
Hi, this is my first project and second post Smile . It's not big, but i's something Wink .

I was very surprised to see Harvest Moon from SNES doen't have that many background rips. So I'll start this project to rip all the backgrounds from Harvest Moon Snes & rip the backgrounds that are left  in Gba. Havest Moon is a big part of my childhood, and I would love to see it fully ripped.

For Harvest Moon Snes, so far, the backgrounds that have been ripped are:

-Animal Shop
-Small Player House
-Medium Player House
-Big Player House
-Intro cutscene background
-Street (Spring)
-Street (Summer)
-Street (Fall)
-Street (Winter)
-Carpenter's House
-Saloon
-Restaurant
-Seed Shop
-Mountain's Cave
-Chicken Coop
-Cow Barn
-Church
-Fortuneteller's House
-Tool Shed
-Tool Shop
-Ann's Room
-Maria's Room
-Ellen's Room
-Nina's Room
-Eve's Room
-Farm(Spring)
-Farm(Summer)
-Farm(Fall)
-Farm(Winter)
-Mountain(Spring)
-Mountain(Summer)
-Mountain(Fall)
-Mountain(Winter)
-Mountain Top(Spring)
-Mountain Top(Summer)
-Mountain Top(Fall)
-Mountain Top(Winter)
-Village(Spring)
-Village(Summer)
-Village(Fall)
-Village(Winter)
-Farm's Cave

-Village (Harvest Festival)
-Village (Egg Festival)
-Village (Flower Festival)
-Village (Star Night Festival)
-Mountain (Star Night Festival)
-Mountain Top (Star Night Festival)
-Mountain Top (Beanstalk)

-Golden Chicken's Palace
-The endings's backgrounds

In short, a good part of the game is already ripped

Friends of Mineral Town is a bit cofusing because they are divided into"Friends of Mineral Town" & "More Friends of Mineral Town". In my opinion, I guess they should be combined like the pokemon games, but I'm not sure. More Friends From Mineral Town have some backgrounds rips but it's still missing some interiors and almost all the exteriors. I'll list what I think needs to be ripped:

-Medium Player House.
-Big player House.
-Town Square in other seasons
-Lake Cave
-Spa Cave
-Mountain Top(Spring)
-Mountain Top(Summer)
-Mountain Top(Fall)
-Mountain Top(Winter)
-Some second floors and rooms
-Forest(Spring)
-Forest(Summer)
-Forest(Fall)
-Forest(Winter)
-Beach(Spring)
-Beach(Summer)
-Beach(Fall)
-Beach(Winter)
-Village(Spring)
-Village(Summer)
-Village(Fall)
-Village(Winter)

I just wanted to note that this is a game with a day/night cycle so I'm using a cheat to lock the game at 8:00AM to rip the backgrounds.

Edit: Ah, I forgot to say something: the girls's rooms are in their respective houses's sheets, except Nina's Room, I guess it's too late to edit it now Ouch! .
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by: Barack Obama
I've never played FoMT and MFoMT, are there more graphical differences than playing as a girl and having a slightly different title screen?
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by: Alefy San
(06-06-2021, 04:21 PM)Barack Obama Wrote: I've never played FoMT and MFoMT, are there more graphical differences than playing as a girl and having a slightly different title screen?

I've also never played MFoMT, only FoMT, but as far as I'm aware, the only differences are:

-The Player
-The Heart Events
-Some little upgrades to gameplay(change clothes, sell things to won, "farm degree").
-Title Screen
-You can grow fish on your lake.
-I've read online it has some new items
-A dreams system

I may be completely wrong, but these are the only differences I'm aware of, but I think the rest is the same game.
Just a random dude. I really love programming in C! Hopefully I can publish a game someday! Sometimes I like to rip Super Nintendo games too!
Thanked by:
I finished ripping the snes backgrounds. Now I'll try to rip the gba ones. I've already started to rip some interiors from fomt.
There are still some things missing in the snes game like the items, the tileset, the tv, but maybe I'll rip those later.
Thanked by:
I'll list what backgrounds needs to be ripped from Friends of Mineral Town here:
-Mineral Clinic (1st Floor)
-Mineral Clinic (2nd Floor)
-Mary's Libary (1st Floor)
-Mary's Library (2nd Floor)
-Basil's House (1st Floor)
-Basil's House (2nd Floor)
-Mayor's House
-Zack's House
-Harvest Sprites's Home
-Woodcutter's House
-Church
-Blacksmith
-Ellen's House
-Barley's House (1st Floor)
-Barley's House (2nd Floor)
-Chicken Shop (1st Floor)
-Chicken Shop (2nd Floor)
-Doug's Inn (1st Floor)
-Doug's Inn (2nd Floor)
-Doug's Inn (Back)
-North Side of Mineral Town (Spring)
-North Side of Mineral Town (Summer)
-North Side of Mineral Town (Fall)
-North Side of Mineral Town (Winter)
-South Side of Mineral Town (Spring)
-South Side of Mineral Town (Summer)
-South Side of Mineral Town (Fall)
-South Side of Mineral Town (Winter)
-Rose Square (Spring)
-Rose Square (Summer)
-Rose Square (Fall)
-Rose Square (Winter)
-Mineral Beach (Spring)
-Mineral Beach (Summer)
-Mineral Beach (Fall)
-Mineral Beach (Winter)
-Forest (Spring)
-Forest (Summer)
-Forest (Fall)
-Forest (Winter)
-Mother's Hill (Spring)
-Mother's Hill (Summer)
-Mother's Hill (Fall)
-Mother's Hill (Winter)
-Spring Mine
-Lake Mine
-Peak of Mother's Hill (Spring)
-Peak of Mother's Hill (Summer)
-Peak of Mother's Hill (Fall)
-Peak of Mother's Hill (Winter)
-Farm (Spring)
-Farm (Summer)
-Farm (Fall)
-Farm (Winter)
-Player's House (Small)
-Player's House (Medium)
-Player's House (Big)
-Supermarket (Front)
-Supermarket (Back)
-Rear of Church (Spring)
-Rear of Church (Summer)
-Rear of Church (Fall)
-Rear of Church (Winter)
-Wine Storage
-Wine Storage (Basement)
-Winery (1st Floor)
-Winery (2nd Floor)
-Kai's Seaside Lodge
-Vacation House
-Seaside House
-Mountain House
-Chicken Coop (Small)
-Chicken Coop (Big)
-Barn (Small)
-Barn (Big)
-Horse's Barn
-Festivals
Thanked by:
I'll take a break from ripping this game for a while. Ripping the GBA is being very annoying because there are 3 bg layers and there's no "walk on walls cheat" like on the snes game.
Thanked by:
I'm sorry to announce this but I cannot rip FOMT anymore. The problem I have is that here in Brazil we're still are in half the year of school and there's a lot of school work to do, so I don't have enough free time to rip fomt as I had with the SNES game. I'm in the 1st grade, and this year teachers are giving us homework and tests like crazy. Ripping the gba game is a lot harder and takes a lot of time, so I can't do it at least for now. And it's not just school, there are some other things too. But hey, I'm happy at least I could completely rip all the SNES game backgrounds(except the children ending). Maybe when I have time again I'll resume ripping this game but at least I have plans to make smaller rips in the meanwhile. Hope you guys understand.
Thanked by: rufaswan, Raccoon Sam
Real life is always way more important than stuff like this, so no worries about it.

Btw, great work on the maps so far. I played the Harvest Moon SNES game years ago, but I've never seen the golden chicken room before.
Ripping Tutorial for PC Engine / TurboGrafx 16 / TurboGrafx CD
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-41637.html
Thanked by: DogToon64, Alefy San
(06-18-2021, 05:00 PM)Barack Obama Wrote: Real life is always way more important than stuff like this, so no worries about it.

Btw, great work on the maps so far. I played the Harvest Moon SNES game years ago, but I've never seen the golden chicken room before.

Thank you Barack Obama. I've also never seen that golden chicken room. I didn't buy the seeds because I thought it was just another apple seed. I was very surprised when i found about it on internet.
Thanked by: