Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Riders Zero Gravity Voice Rips
Hey, it's been a long time since I was last here.

I've begun ripping voice clips from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity from a Wii ISO. I've managed to find the pre- and post-race clips, but I can't find any of the in-race clips such as grunts when jumping and celebrating landing tricks.

The voice clips that I did find were in an .AFS file I opened with Noesis. There's also music and cutscene audio in basic .ADX files, and other than that it's just a lot of .P , .DAT, and extentionless files.

Does anyone have any experience with ripping sounds from Wii Sonic games, or Wii Sega games in general? Any ideas on where to look for the extra voice files? Or how to crack open the extentionless files to see if they're hiding in there? I have very little experience with hex editors.

Thanks in advance.
Here are links to my stuff:
Thanked by:
One thing to understand is that extensions don't matter in ripping. They may provide hints as to what the data may be, but they could be mis-leading. Upload some sample *.P , *.DATs, and extension-less files here. Without samples we can't help. If it won't let you upload it to the site directly, utilize an external hosting source!
Thanked by:
Thanks for the reply, Pingu.

I got a dropbox link here with some file samples: https://www.dropbox.com/s/169egxwcwtgvr6...s.zip?dl=0 I don't use dropbox much, hopefully you can access them.

The SRZG iso is split into 3 "images" - the first one is small and I'm not sure what's in it, the second is larger and had the voices I found, and the third holds the game's cutscene videos.

The attached folder is from the second image, image2. I grabbed two samples of each kind of file in there (minus the music ones, I understand those). The contents of image2 are all like these files but numbered differently. In the case of the .TBLs ending in AMY and BLZ, they correspond to characters.

Thanks for any further help.
Thanked by:
I would love if more people would come into this and help out. I have no idea how file structure like these work after getting into the .cvms.
Thanked by:
It looks like the .dat files are GCAX! DKDave made a BMS script for them just a few days ago. Use the txth file included to play them in Foobar with vgmstream.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...ed_Wii.zip
Thanked by:
(08-10-2020, 07:24 PM)boilingpot Wrote: It looks like the .dat files are GCAX! DKDave made a BMS script for them just a few days ago. Use the txth file included to play them in Foobar with vgmstream.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...ed_Wii.zip

Thank you so much, we did it boys! I'll make sure to upload them once I've sorted through.
Thanked by:
Ditto, .dat (which are actually gcax) > bms > .vgmstream > Foobar worked!! Thank you boilingpot!

Here's a sample of .gvrs, .tbl, .xno, .p files and the singular .rel from the game.
https://mega.nz/file/Z5kgBZJJ#uSkTUiJfFv...2d_49q-1PQ
These .xno don't work with Sewer56's SegaNN blender addon - only getting an empty object on import. (the Riders 1 .xno worked for it, so maybe the extractor labelled those wrong for me, idk something's off)
Main thing my attention is on is the .p files, 1565 of them total: 1.1GB, with file signature of Hex - 4F 4F 43 48 or ASCII - OOCH on every one of them, no idea what to make of the info nor have I ever seen this signature anywhere before.

Included what I used to convert the .cvm to .iso, from which I then got these files.
Did not include the .afs, .adx since they are audio, or .sfd since they are video, and have already been solved.
Thanked by:
(01-09-2021, 12:24 AM)Arsenal Wrote: Ditto, .dat (which are actually gcax) > bms > .vgmstream > Foobar worked!! Thank you boilingpot!

Here's a sample of .gvrs, .tbl, .xno, .p files and the singular .rel from the game.
https://mega.nz/file/Z5kgBZJJ#uSkTUiJfFv...2d_49q-1PQ
These .xno don't work with Sewer56's SegaNN blender addon - only getting an empty object on import. (the Riders 1 .xno worked for it, so maybe the extractor labelled those wrong for me, idk something's off)
Main thing my attention is on is the .p files, 1565 of them total: 1.1GB, with file signature of Hex - 4F 4F 43 48 or ASCII - OOCH on every one of them, no idea what to make of the info nor have I ever seen this signature anywhere before.

Included what I used to convert the .cvm to .iso, from which I then got these files.
Did not include the .afs, .adx since they are audio, or .sfd since they are video, and have already been solved.

sega nn tools dev here,
just want to say that XNO files are used in xbox games (sonic riders pc is a port), and the actual file format is gno.
also, the ooch files are compressed (which includes the files that were labelled as xno files, which was why nothing imported - theres nothing there that can be read so there is nothing that can be imported.) also gno files dont have support yet.

if people want models from the game, they need to be copied from memory or a decompressor needs to be made, and the models should be used with a tool that has support.
Thanked by: